Dry July, the month-long campaign has traditionally encouraged participants to abstain from alcohol for the full 31 days of July, is here! If you are doing Dry July ( Or are just looking for some non-alcoholic options) here are some delicious mocktail recipes including delicious, in-season Queensland Strawberries!
QLD Strawberry Basil Sodas
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 10-12 sodas 1x
- 2 cups QLD strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn
- sparking water (I like Le Croix)
- fresh strawberries, for serving
In a large mixing bowl combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or even better, overnight.
To serve, add a heaping spoonful of the strawberries and syrup to a glass. Add a few torn basil leaves and muddle to combine. Add ice, and a shot of gin or vodka, as desired. Top with 8 oz of sparkling water and garnish with fresh strawberries. Stir and enjoy!
3-ingredient Strawberry Marg
Prep Time 5 min | Cook Time 5 min | Serves 2-4
- 2 cups QLD strawberries, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups soda, plain or strawberry flavoured
Blend the strawberries well.
Add the lemon juice and mix well.
Pour the soda and serve chilled over ice.
Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 0 minutes | Servings 4
- 4 cups QLD strawberries (frozen overnight)
- 1 cup fresh hulled QLD strawberries
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
Place frozen and fresh strawberries in your blender pitcher. Pour in simple syrup, lime juice and pineapple juice.
Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!