Always pushing the boundaries, Ovolo Woolloomooloo has brought an exciting high tea offering to life, Wine Socie-Tea. Partnering with Pernod Ricard Winemakers, Alibi Bar & Kitchen’s Head Chef Jordan Brogan, and Ovolo Woolloomooloo Head Pastry Chef Lei Shang have created an extensive high tea offering of savoury and sweet treats to match a never-before-seen marriage of two of the world’s most ancient ingredients to forge tea infused wine – Tea & Wine.
The Tea & Wines on offer include a Chamomile infused chardonnay and a chai infused Cabernet.
Jordan and Lei have created an assortment of wholly plant-based sweets treats and savoury feats celebrating local and seasonal Australian produce, and complementing the Tea & Wine pairings.
Wine Societ-Tea will take place Saturday and Sunday from 12-4pm until the end of September.
Location: Ovolo Woolloomooloo, 6 Cowper Wharf Roadway, Woolloomooloo
More info: Click here
There are two Tea & Wine packages:
- Wine Socie-Tea served with a glass of Tea & Wine on arrival – $40pp
- Wine Socie-Tea served with free-flow Tea & Wine for 1.5 hours – $50pp
- Seitan and mushroom vol au vent | Seitan (wheat gluten), mushrooms and cashew ricotta served warm, garnished with cashew ricotta dots and micro herbs
- Walnut terrine | Served with mini lavosh, radish discs, topped with pickled celery and celery leaves
- Rolled cucumber | Thinly sliced cucumber, thick and textured cashew cream with parsley, thyme and tarragon rolled and topped with sun-dried tomato marinara and micro basil
- Whipped macadamia mini garden | Macadamia butter, topped with edible soil, fresh and pickled baby veg and mixed baby herbs
- Mixed berry cheesecake | Cashew base with strawberry compote filling, garnished with viola petit flowers
- Cardamom cashew cream | With orange and grapefruit ‘curd’ topped with orange grapefruit jelly, and gold leaves
- Lychee, coconut and cashew cream |Filled with a guava and native mint compote, covered in a bright green glaze garnished with baby mint, and vegan cream
- Chocolate dome | With an almond crunch base, chocolate tofu, hazelnut praline sponge garnished with cacao nibs
- Caramelised banana mousse |With coco butter and coconut topped with banana and raspberry cream and woodland sorrel