As COVID-19 continues to spread and restaurants are told to close their doors to dine in patrons it is important for us to continue to support our favourite eateries from a distance. Here are some Sydney based restaurants now offering delivery!
Totti’s has launched takeaway, available to pick-up from The Bottle Shop, 5-10pm every night. Serving up Totti’s classic bread, pasta and meats ready to eat from the safety and comfort of home, ‘Pick Up at Totti’s’ is available for a limited time only and can be pre-ordered from 12pm Friday March 27th via www.merivale.com/takeaway_
Mike Eggert is behind the pans, cooking up the simple and delicious food Totti’s is renowned for -including the famed flatbread and antipasti, flavour-packed pastas, wood-fired meats, salads and sides.
Guests can either choose from the full range of wine, spirits and beer in store, or pre-order drinks online for ease. The team have curated a short and snappy list of Italian drops and pre-batched cocktails that can be packaged-up and ready to collect with the food.
Pick Up at Totti’s follows Merivale’s announcement that it ceased trading restaurants and bars for the foreseeable future, as a result of the recent Government orders to combat COVID-19.
TheFork has announced that in response to the current COVID-19 situation, they will launch a new search function on both the app and website will enable diners to easily identify restaurants that are now offering pick-up or delivery, and place those orders swiftly calling directly off the listing.
For participating restaurants on TheFork, this is a free listing to help promote alternative offerings. The new function will be rolled out from today and there has already been a huge uptake from participating restaurants that have been able to pivot their offerings to include takeaway. This initiative will allow TheFork to continue to support restaurants across Australia while many face uncertain times.
These challenging and unprecedented times are calling for us to get innovative and that is exactly what Chef Nelly Robinson and his wife, Danielle have done upon making the difficult but necessary decision to close the doors to their restaurant temporarily.
To continue their ongoing commitment to supporting local farmers and providers, as well as keeping staff employed and ensuring that Sydneysiders remain well fed, they have come up with the concept of the ‘nel. Box’.
The ‘nel. Box’ is a weekly food delivery box that has been curated by Chef Nelly Robinson. With fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood direct from Australian farmers and producers, the various boxes come complete with easy ‘make at home’ tips and tricks that have been created by Chef Nelly himself.
Box types: Pantry Staples Box, Vegetarian Box, Meat + Veg Box, Seafood + Veg Box.
Cost: Starting at $45 for pantry staples, $80 for vegetarian and $130 for meat/seafood.
Delivery: Weekly on Tuesday and Thursday.
Prince of York have adapted their offering to suit your needs in this current climate
Cook @ Home
Prince of York’s ‘Cook @ Home’ offering is allowing customers to stock up on hand made pastas such as fresh spaghetti and saffron farfalle, along with their favourite Prince of York sauces including sausage ragu, amatriciana or their 8-hour tomato sauce, vacuum sealed and ready to cook up at home when the craving strikes. In the mood for steak or seafood? Prince of York has you covered with fish fillets from from their friends at Fish Butchery or 6 week dry aged T-bone.
Ready To Eat (takeaway)
You don’t need to sacrifice good food while self-isolating. Prince of York has pulled together a selection of their crowd favourite dishes by Head Chef Sam Bull, that will be cooked and ready to eat at home or in the office.
Party @ Home
When you can’t make it to the Prince, let Prince bring the party to you. To keep a smile on their customer’s faces, whether in venue or not, Prince of York has teamed up with their mates at Shorty’s Liquor and Moonshine Music to bring you the ‘Party @ Home’ package – which offers food, booze & music all in the one place.
The formula is simple: click, browse, pay and party, let Prince take care of the rest. Select options from Prince of York’s ‘Cook @ Home’ or ‘Ready To Eat’ food menus, add booze from Shorty’s Liquor and music from Moonshine Music – to have it all delivered to your doorstep.
The Tramsheds still have the following vendors trading for takeaway;
- Osaka – available for pick up in the Tramsheds or delivery
- Garcon – available for pick up in the Tramsheds
- Mama’s Buoi – available for pick up in the Tramsheds or can be ordered through Uber Eats.
- Fish & Co – Available for pick up in the Tramsheds or can be ordered through Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Menulog
- Bodega1904 WIne Store – Available for pickup up in the Tramsheds
- Safar Middle Eastern – Available for pick up in the Tramsheds or order delivery with Menulog, Uber Eats, Deliveroo, East Club and Door Dash. Order directly through Safar via phone and receive a 20% discount
- Redline Kitchen and Taphouse – Available for pick up in the Tramsheds
Of course, they also have their family owned, independent grocer, Supamart, which is also still trading, so everyone can get their takeaway and stock up on the essentials too!
Inspired by the bustling Izakayas of Seoul and Tokyo, TOKKI in Sydney’s Surry Hills serves up a menu inspired by traditional Japanese and Korean flavours – Think a tantalising mix of small share plates, raw bar options, bao buns, Korean Fried Chicken, bigs, rice & greens as well as sweeties.
While the venue has a core focus on creating a dine-in atmospheric experience, Tokki now remains focused on servicing their local community and ensuring food on the table in these uncertain times. As such, the Owners, David Bae and Tony, will be hand delivering themselves to their customers.
The exclusive ‘social distancing’ menu includes their Famous Fried Chicken Options, Kimchi or Mushroom Fried Rice only, as to ensure they can cater to all efficiently.
Tokki will deliver within a 1km radius of the restaurant! To order, customers just need to call the restaurant on (02) 9280 3637 They are also working on an online order system to launch soon. Pay over the phone or cash upon delivery
Delivery available Tuesday – Thur 5-9pm | Fri + Sat 5pm-10pm
With Elva’s local Bondi community at the forefront of their minds, they are now offering a take home menu that allows people to experience Elva quality meals, even if they are choosing to stay at home. Pasta-lovers will be able to take their pick from five traditional pastas and sauces, plus Elva’s signature lasagna, arancini and focaccia all made daily.
Customers will be able to prepare the meal themselves at home, with instructions included on the packet by Elva. In under an hour, they can be feasting on lamb shank, duck or mushroom ragu, or Italian classics like spaghetti and meatballs or bolognese.
Elva, Bondi has been also offering their full menu takeaway since they opened in late 2018, with guests enjoying focaccia straight out of the restaurant oven and pastas that warm you from the inside out.
To order your meal, call Elva 30 minutes ahead of your preferred pick up time.
Doyles on the Beach is now closed, but their wharf location is still open doing takeaway 7 days a week, and delivery between 6-8pm in the eastern suburbs.
As we’re still able to go outside, Doyles is the perfect option for those who want to go for a scenic walk and enjoy some takeaway fish and chips and wine by the water down at Watsons Bay.
As part of a broader initiative to keep our nearest and dearest safe while practicing social distancing at home, The Grumpy Baker has launched a delivery service for the elderly and disabled allowing them to order a range of delicious goods from the menu within the Vaucluse area. The take-home menu includes freshly baked sourdough, a dozen of free range eggs, milk, fresh pastries and Grumpy Bakers homemade frozen meals of lasagne, family pies and cottage pie. There will be no delivery fee and all orders can be made over the phone on 0411 477 877.
The Grumpy Baker’s menu is also available for take away from each of their outposts with a delivery service to Coogee, Maroubra, Bellevue Hill and Vaucluse. The team is still forging ahead with their new Bilpin destination set to open next week on the historic Bells Line Road in picturesque Blue Mountains offering take away to the local community.
No.5 Restaurant and Bar recently introduced a takeaway menu to ensure that the residents of Alexandria and surrounds can still treat themselves to some quality food while we are all confined to our homes.
The menu includes Oysters with Native Finger Lime all packed and ready for collection to keep the date night romance alive, as well as dishes like Grilled Mushrooms with Soy Butter & Whipped Tofu, Wagyu Toastie and Tempura Cauliflower.
Of the rapidly changing situation Head Chef, Emrys Jones says ‘these are very unusual circumstances we have found ourselves in. As a small business we simply cannot afford to shut up shop for a month, however we understand the need to adapt to cater to the changing needs of people within the community. This is why we have worked hard this week to create and offer a takeaway menu, something that we have never done before but hope will help in some small way to see through people these challenging times’
Bondi’s hot spot, Upper East Side is now offering fine dining delivery style! With partners including Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Menu Log, foodie lovers can still enjoy delicious items right to their door steps.
Having just launched a brand new menu, a delicious fusion of Japanese cuisine married with flavours of Latin America, Upper East Side is the first to welcome the brand new Nikkei Menu to the Sydney Eastern Suburbs. Consumers are invited to enjoy the new flavours through their various takeaway options also including pick up daily for both lunch and dinner. To spread the good vibes throughout this time, Upper East Side are also offering all of those over the age of 60 to avoid the shops and enjoy 25% off for an unlimited time.
Daily Greens will be connecting their hard working suppliers and providores directly with consumers! In store, customers will be able to pick up some fruit and vegetables and place an order for produce which will be delivered, directly to their home, by their suppliers.
Daily Greens will also be adjusting their regular standard delivery offering to provide discounts and deals across their delivery platforms (Uber Eats and Deliveroo) to subsidise the delivery charge
Daily Greens has gone cashless to prevent the exchange and handling of money and they will be launching online ordering via their website with contactless ‘social distancing’ pick up. This will see the consumers order ready in bag with their name on it for collection.
To deliver some much-needed comfort during these uncertain times, Gami is giving away FREE wings with its new delivery package, “Home Comfort”, and FREE chips with any takeaway meal over $20!
The timely “Home Comfort” packages are available for delivery through DoorDash, Deliveroo and UberEats until 24 April. Each package comes with six pieces of Gami wings for FREE. Pair it with a side salad or rice dish, and a craft beer, and you have the ultimate Gami Chicken and Beer experience right in the comfort of your own home!
The package details are:
– Package For Two: 2 x Burgers with chips + Free 6 Wings = $39 (valued at $48)
– Package For Four: 1 x Boneless Chicken + Chicken Ribs + Chips Mandu + Free 6 Wings = $68 (valued at $83)
– Package For Six: 1 x Whole Chicken + 1 x Boneless Chicken + 2 x Chips + Mandu + Free 6 Wings = $90 (valued at $113)
Mary’s and The Unicorn Hotel
Mary’s and The Unicorn Hotel are expanding their food offering on Deliveroo. Mary’s Pitt Street will be exclusively launching the vegan menu from this week. Any item on the menu can be made vegan, with the patty of the Mary’s Burger and Mary’s Cheeseburger made with eggplant, cauliflower, tofu, tempeh, mushrooms, onions and beetroot.
If you live around Paddington good news for you… the famous Unicorn Hotel’s chicken schnitzel will soon be available to order. The Unicorn Hotel will be joining its sibling venues Mary’s and Mary’s Pizzeria on Deliveroo with pub grub at it’s finest. The offering will include Unicorn Meat Pie Floater, Steak Sandwich, Chicken Schnitzel, Chicken Parma, Vegan Schnitzel, Mary’s Burger, Cheese Burger and for dessert Pavlova.
Responding to all the recent news, Deliveroo itself has just unveiled ’no contact’ drop-offs with users able to specify whether they want food deliveries to be left on the doorstep, rather than handed over physically by the delivery driver.
Riders will be asked to let the customer know they have arrived, place their thermal bag open on the ground outside their door, step back at least 1 metre and wait nearby for the customer to collect the food before the order can be completed. Riders are also able to make orders contact-less if they wish by letting customers know through the app before they arrive.
Australia’s favourite Mexican, Guzman y Gomez (GYG) has made the decision to reduce the price of burritos and bowls for their guests to $9.90. A meal under $10 which is healthy and prepared fresh in store daily is one of many ways the company will support Australians over the coming weeks.
In light of the government’s latest announcement to close non-essential services, GYG will remain open for takeaway, drive-thru, delivery and GYG App orders.
What’s the deal?
- All regular sized burritos and bowls are $9.90 for a limited time (includes all fillings including chicken, slow cooked beef, ground beef (mince), pulled pork, fish & vege fillings).
- Guac is extra.
How do I purchase?
- Offer available at all GYG restaurants nationally through takeaway, drive thru, pick up and via the GYG App.
- This deal is not available via delivery.
· Auvers Café trades with a special menu for the foreseeable future. Plus there’s a 20% discount on all takeaway food orders. Simply call 9188 2392, place your order over the phone and then collect it!
· Order Belles Hot Chicken online. Feast on the likes of hot chicken, sandwiches, salads, sides and more.
· Bucket Boys host a virtual tasting series. First cab off the rank is Weihenstephan, the oldest brewery in the world and maker of some classic German styles that have some amazing history. Book online and enjoy a craft beer in a group setting still.
· Darling Square Pharmacy offers delivery twice a day to locals who are in self isolation and for the elderly and vulnerable community. Call 9211 2489 to order and pay over the phone in advance.
· Dopa by Devon is now on UberEATS and EASI. Jump on the apps to take your pick of the tasty Japanese menu. With more than twenty variations of Japanese donburi (rice bowls), you’re covered for at least a couple of weeks.
· If you need your morning coffee and can’t get out the house or are taking precautions, Edition Coffee Roasters delivers good coffee straight to your door. Jump online and place your order. Orders over $50 receive free delivery.
· Goobne has it’s full menu available for takeaway on Menulog. If you’re feeding family and friends, choices include a whole oven roasted chicken and an array of sides or grab yourself the signature volcano boneless spicy chicken.
· Nakano Darling sells its famous karaage chicken and gyoza in take home packs as well as a special takeaway menu. Email email@example.com or call 8597 4301 to order and they’ll have them ready to pick up. There’s even free 15 minutes parking on Darling Drive which is just a 10 seconds wander to the front door.
· Preorder Shortstop via Hey You or order online through Deliveroo and UberEATS. Donuts make everything better.
D.O.C Pizza + Mozzarella Bar
Will be running with the full menu pick up and deliver
They are also going to have a drinks list available for takeaway too so you can grab cocktails and wines with your lunch/dinner.
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 5pm till 9.30pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12pm -3pm & 5pm till 10pm.
- Orders can be placed over the phone or in person for pick-up only. (02) 9211 1507
- Available 7 days a week from 5pm to 9pm.
- Come past or call to order (02) 8090 6969
The Dolphin Hotel
- Public Bar menu items available, including Salumi, Burgers, Pasta and Pizza
- Come past or call to order (02) 9331 4800
Harpoon ARPOON HARRY
- All Burgers, Schnitzels, steaks, fish n chips.
- To order please call Harrys on (02) 8262 8800