Here are our top 10 places to go on a date because venue anxiety shouldn’t spoil your night. Whether it’s a first date or just a catch up with a friend these are the places you should go to.
1. Mojo Record Bar – Selling great records out front and great drinks out back.
Okay, let’s begin with Mojo Record Bar, with its great cocktails, fun music, mood lighting and buzzy feel this makes it a great intimate but fun date venue.
2. The Barber Shop – Fancy a haircut and a cocktail?
To create a bit of fun on a date this is the perfect place, from having to walk through a real Barber Shop on York Street and up the back stairs this is one of Sydney’s best keep secret bars. If you’re looking for somewhere that has great selection of cocktails and some great nibbles then this is your place.
3. Baxter Inn – Baxter Inn like the Barber Shop is another rather difficult place to find. Baxter Inn is located in the basement of a building at the back of an unmarked alleyway off Clarence Street. It’s full of character and is an unexpected surprise for the first time visitor. On top of their huge selection of whisky they have free unlimited pretzels.
4. Frankies – Think Wayne’s World
This place is great if you’re looking for a late night drink or a bite to eat with pinball machines for a fun activity whilst listening to some great live music.
5. Bodhi – What we love about Bodhi is that it has a little outside area lit up with fairy lights to create a romantic setting for any type of date.
6. Blackbird – Blackbird in Darling Harbour overlooks the water, has a blended feel of a classy restaurant/bar/lounge, good food that isn’t too pricey, and is within the heart of the city allowing you to enjoy the city lit up at night and you can walk around the harbour.
7. Lowenbrau – Lowenbrau is a great German bar with a good selection of beers, has a great atmosphere and has live bands which allows you to have a dance if your date is feeling fun.
8. Coogee to Bondi – If you’re looking for a fun cheap activity then the Coogee to Bondi walk is perfect for you. There’s beautiful scenery, plenty of time to talk, you could even take a picnic. If the date is going really well there’s plenty of places you can carry the date on in Bondi.
9. Hardware in Bondi – Whether you’ve been on date idea number 7 or just looking for somewhere in Bondi to go for a drink and have some delicious food then this is your place. Hardware has a relaxed social vibe, great for a catch up with friends or you can find a tucked away table for a date. They have some fruity cocktails which are dangerously good.
10. Bavarian Bier Cafe – Lastly we have the Bavarian Bier Café; we’ve chosen this venue as it has great decor and amazing food and our top tip for this venue is get the sharing platter as it’s delicious, fun and affordable.