Gelatissimo are on the hunt for a ‘Gelato Taste Tester’ to come in for a half day of paid work EATING GELATO! The popular gelato brand are looking for the most refined taste buds in Australia to help them test and evaluate new flavours of gelato before they’re released. And for your valuable time (and even more valuable taste buds), they’ll be scooping out $500 hard cash.
Renowned for regularly releasing decadent and exciting new flavours, Gelatissimo’s most recent innovations include two limited edition Deluxe flavours – Luscious Lemon Meringue and Chunky New York Cheesecake. But with plenty more on the way, the Gelato Taste Tester will need to assess the quality and flavour nuances of their current Deluxe range and determine whether these loaded flavours stay on. So if you think you’re the biggest gelato fan in Australia then this is the dream job for you!
The job recipient will be required on Friday 27 September at Gelatissimo’s Sydney office in Rydalmere for
four hours of intensive tasting. Not to be taken lightly, they’ve listed the following guidelines:
1. Make sure you’re in an environment with minimal distractions. Gelato tasting is serious business, so
the sensory tasting needs to be as true and unbiased as possible.
2. Taste with your eyes. Is the appearance of the gelato visually appealing?If so, that’s a great start.
3. Next is the fun bit, the actual tasting. Taste from a spoon turned upside down and place the gelato
directly onto your tongue to make sure you’re using all 10,000 of your trusty taste buds.
4. While you’re there, why don’t you take another scoopful (how can you resist?) and this time think
about the texture. Gelato is known to be smooth and creamy, so make sure that requirement is met.
5. Have a cup of water nearby to rinse out your mouth between flavours and then start again!
6. Your tongue and taste buds must be prepared for the job. The day before, minimise chilli and hot
food to ensure your palate is cleansed and taste buds are undamaged. Please have a small breakfast
on the day of to ensure your taste buds are at their most receptive. You’ll leave full, don’t worry.
Tough job but someone’s gotta do it. The full ad is currently listed on Airtasker – just tell them why you’re the
best person for the job at airtasker.com/tasks/gelato-master-taster-required-16548039/