Nikon Australia’s has introduced a range of online classes to inspire photographers to get creative to celebrate National Photo Month this month, providing the (picture) perfect opportunity to dust of your camera. Tune in and be inspired to capture your own moments in a COVID-19 age, no matter whether your a photography buff, or a beginner.
Throughout May, Nikon School has launched online, giving photographers of all levels, from aspiring to seasoned pros, the chance to upskill from the comfort of their own home.
Surf photographers can tune into 2019 Surf Photo of the Year winner, Stu Gibson’s session to learn how he captured the award winning shot. Josh Beames will appeal to landscape photographers wanting to master perspectives and post editing. WhileHeesoo Chung’s session will inspire the star gazers with his introduction to capturing star trails. Please see a detailed list below for Nikon’s offerings.
To get fans excited for the lessons, Nikon also have top tips available from some of the leading Nikon School lecturers. Josh Beames’ tips will help readers to master landscape photography, while Heesoo’s tips will take readers through capturing star trails.
Details of upcoming classes, can be found below:
Understanding Star Trail Photography with Heesoo Chung
- Date: Wednesday, 13 May 2020, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Description: Join Nikon School Lecturer and landscape photographer, Heesoo Chung for an online, interactive workshop covering star trail photography. Learn from Heesoo as he takes you through his workflow and passion for capturing these shots. This one-hour practical workshop will provide you with an understanding for the necessary steps involved in star trail photography, from the initial planning stage, to setting up your camera and the final post processing process.
Introduction to Abstract Photography with Mieke Boynton
- Date: Thursday, 14 May 2020, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Description: Join award-winning abstract aerial photographer Mieke Boynton for an online, interactive workshop and be inspired to take some super creative shots in and around your home, with the camera and lenses you already own! Learn about settings, equipment, light and composition. We’ll explore some great ideas for creative abstract photography using items readily available in your local supermarket. We’ll look at lens choice, camera settings, lighting, and backgrounds.
- Register: https://nikonschoolaustralia.eventbritestudio.com/103873548580
Behind the lens: Surf Photographer, Stu Gibson
- Date: Wednesday, 20 May, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Description: Join internationally recognised photographer and winner of the 2019 Nikon Surf Photographer of the Year Award, Stu Gibson for an online workshop on his career in the industry. Hear from Stu as he discusses how he got started, covers what’s in his gear bag and shares stories behind capturing some of the biggest breaks in Australia and around the world.
Using your Nikon – Shifting to Manual with Ben Halcomb
- Date: Wednesday, 27 May 2020, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Description: Join portrait photographer, Ben Halcomb for a practical session on how to set up your own camera at home, along with some handy hints from Ben for shooting in manual. This course will ensure you are getting the most out of your Nikon camera, touching on everything from Auto Focus settings in video and stills, rear display and Live View.
- Register: https://nikonschoolaustralia.eventbritestudio.com/104262459824
Lighting Fundamentals with Cormac Hanrahan
- Date: Thursday, 28 May 2020, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Description: In this online course, join professional photographer, Cormac Hanrahan, as he guides you through the fundamentals of lighting. Utilising an extensive array of behind the scenes photos in combination with results straight out of camera, this course explores common natural light scenarios found in and around any home and teaches participants how to overcome difficult real-world lighting situations.