If this is your Summer of fresh starts and a healthier approach to food, well Blackmores and Bondi Harvest have you covered. Blackmores have recently launched their new Superfoods + Nature Boost range offering six nutritional powders suitable for a host of recipes including: single origin cacao, chia, matcha green tea, coconut water, super greens and a wild blueberry blend. We’ve been playing around with the wild blueberry blend which gives a beautiful violet colour, making every smoothie look seriously impressive.
At the launch we were lucky enough to see the Bondi Harvest boys in action developing recipes using the products. We were most impressed with the zuchinni & chimichurri bowl using the super greens. Usually green powders can be an overpowering taste but it was complemented beautifully with the chimichurri. Another favourite was the Breakfast Superfood Mud Bowl developed by Bondi Harvest especially for Blackmores. It’s deliciously rich and decadent but chock-full of healthy ingredients! And lucky for us and you, they gave us the recipe! Check it out below.
Congratulations to Kate for her winning suggestion of a chocolate cherry cheesecake!
The winner will be announced on this page on Wednesday 16th at 8pm.
Breakfast Superfood Mud Bowl
There’s something for everyone in this recipe, you can either dress it up or keep it simple.
● 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
● 80g (1/2 cup) Blackmores Raw Chia
● 2 frozen bananas
● 2tbs maple syrup or raw honey
●1/2 tps ground cinnamon
● 2 tbs Blackmores Single Origin Cacao
● 200ml coconut water
● 1/2 cup ice
● 100g activated almonds
● 1/2 tbs bee pollen
● 1 tsp toasted coconut
● 1 tbs goji berries
1. Put the almond milk in a jug and add the chia seeds. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Put the bananas, avocado, Blackmores Single Origin Cacao, maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut water and ice in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add the almond milk and Blackmores Raw Chia and pulse a few times until just combined. Add a little more ice or frozen banana if you’re after a thicker consistency.
4. To serve, spoon into a cold bowl and sprinkle over with toppings of your choice.