Mangos aren’t just delicious to eat, they are also a fantastic natural beauty product! Here is an amazing cooling Australian Mango facemask recipe by Jemma O’Hanlon.
1 tablespoon Australian mango mashed
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon yogurt
Combine the ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
Store in the fridge for 30-40 min for a cool application
Apply mixture onto a makeup free face in a circular motion.
Wait 10 to 15 minutes to set.
Once the mask has dried, remove with a damp wash cloth.
Rinse with water and pat face dry with a hand towel.
This facemask promotes moisture to the skin by keeping your skin cells hydrated in the harsh summer heat. Australian mangoes contain properties that enrich and bring life to skin with a healthy and lustrous finish good enough to eat!
Not only do mangoes taste amazing and give you that summer vibe, they enrich you from the inside out. Here’s a rundown of why they are so good for you:
- They’re rich in dietary fibre (4g per serve!) – fibre supports a healthy gut and keeps us fuller for longer
- They smash it out of the park for potassium (450mg per serve). Potassium is important for healthy muscles and a healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin A – no surprises here but 1 mango provides over 50% of the RDI for vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for our eyes and healthy glowing skin.
- Folate – 1 mango provides a giant 47% of the RDI. Folate is not just a woman’s best friend, it’s important for brain function and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin C – 1 mango provides 176% of our daily Vit C! It keeps our skin healthy by supporting natural collagen formation. So say no to botox and pick up a mango instead!
- Vitamin E – a protective antioxidant which helps to reduce free radical damage.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) – great for our brain and mental health.