On the 1st August, SheaMoisture launched their first Shea Changemakers campaign, created to highlight and support some of the incredible Blak and First Nations women making a difference in their communities. Nominations are open now at sheamoisture.com.au and will close on the 18th September 2021 when a judging panel including, pioneering hairstylist and founder of Zemura Salon Chrissy Zemura,
First Nations founder of Jira Models Perina Drummond and SheaMoisture’s Director of Global Brand Marketing Eden Zelio, will decide the finalists. It will then go to a public vote where the 2021 Shea Changemaker winners will share in over $10,000 in money and prizes.
Eden Zelio says, “A changemaker can be someone who is helping in the charity sector, providing a service, education, launching or running a business, or simply making an impact in the community or their life. So, if you know a Blak or First Nations changemaker in your community or are a Blak or First Nations changemaker yourself, this is your opportunity to nominate. All nominees will also receive a SheaMoisture
gift pack, so get nominating!”
How nominations work:
• Complete the nomination form. Answer a series of questions and upload a photo of the nominee.
• A panel of judges will select the final nominees.
• The final nominees will be shared on sheamoisture.com.au via the voting page. The public and the Shea Community will have the opportunity to vote for the 2021 Shea Changemakers. Winners will be based on the number of public votes.
• First place will receive a $3000 grant, along with a SheaMoisture gift pack.
• Seven runners up will receive a $1000 grant, along with a SheaMoisture gift pack.
• All final nominees will receive a Shea Moisture gift pack.
• Nominations open 1st August 2021
• Nominations close 18th September 2021
• Nominees to be announced and posted online by 30th September 2021
• Public voting open between 1st October – 31st October 2021
• Winner and runners up to be announced by 10th November 2021