We had the absolute pleasure of being invited to stay at the SAii Phi Phi Island Village Resort set on its very own private beach on Phi Phi Island. Our stunning Beachfront Junior Suite, set right on the beach front with breathtaking views from the room. The room was spacious and airy complete with two showers (including an outdoor one) – even more boujee – we had a golf buggy transport on call (who do we even think we are, ha!).
We couldn’t ask for anything more. In addition to being surrounded by picturesque scenery and stunning sea views the staff couldn’t do more to make our stay as memorable as possible. Nora, the Manager was always on hand to help and greet us with a smile.
To welcome us to the palatial resort we had a 1-hour Thai Relaxation massage set amongst the trees, which we couldn’t recommend more highly. Our therapists’ names were Nok and Dummy. We changed into a comfy thai outfit and enjoyed an hour of blissfulness.
In the rooms, we felt like we were in our home from home – complete with Coffee machine, mini bar, iron, wash service, shampoo conditioner and body wash – which were all provided. A super special touch was that we were able to choose the best scent for the room for the soaps and personal care items – fancy pants!
We were able to take advantage of free bike hire and explored the local area. Round every corner was a new adventure to be discovered, such as a forest bike trail leading us straight to a selection of bars and shops – heaven!
Right on the beach front, we were able to book a private long boat island excursion which took us out to the spectacular Maya Bay where we could snorkel and swim for hours.
We also had the option to stop off at Phi Phi town which was a 30 minute transfer from the resort. There were numerous bars, restaurants and shops to explore and if you are feeling really energetic you can walk up the 100’s of steep steps until you reach the Koh Phi Phi Viewpoint – trust me it’s worth a look!
Each morning we woke up to feed the fish and sharks, which was about as amazing as you’d expect – the whole trip from start to finish was a ‘pinch me’ moment.
The food options, oh the food – I could talk for hours about the (many) options at the resort, one of my favorite options was the Bean/ Co cafe, which served coffee, cakes, croissants and fresh sandwiches on-demand. A carb fest, which let’s be honest is the way to my heart!
The traditional Thai cuisine was available in a traditional tree house, which was set amongst treetops. The food was fresh, and the flavours were mind-blowing.
For something a little more relaxed, the beach restaurant offered a tapas menu, which had the perfect bite size dishes packed full of flavour.
There’s an endless supply of activities on Phi Phi, we could’ve stayed there for a year and still not discovered half of it. Here’s my top picks:
- Long Beach Sunset: Head to Long Beach and watch the sunset together. The stunning colors reflecting off the water and the serene atmosphere create a perfect romantic setting.
- Island Hopping: Take a private boat tour around the Phi Phi Islands. Visit places like Maya Bay, Monkey Beach, and Bamboo Island. Exploring these beautiful spots hand in hand can be a memorable experience.
- Snorkeling and Diving: The crystal-clear waters around Phi Phi are perfect for snorkeling and diving. Explore the vibrant underwater world together and discover colorful coral reefs and marine life.
- Viewpoint Hike: Hike to the viewpoint on Phi Phi Don. The panoramic view from the top is breathtaking, especially at sunrise or sunset. It’s a challenging yet rewarding experience to share.
- Private Beach Picnic: Arrange a private beach picnic on one of the secluded beaches. Enjoy delicious Thai food and each other’s company in a tranquil setting.
- Couples’ Spa Day: Treat yourselves to a relaxing couples’ spa day. Many resorts offer luxurious spa treatments that can help you unwind and rejuvenate.
- Kayaking: Rent a kayak and paddle around the calm waters. You can explore hidden coves, caves, and enjoy the scenic coastline.
- Romantic Dinners: There are numerous beachfront restaurants that offer candlelit dinners by the sea. Enjoy fresh seafood and Thai delicacies while listening to the gentle waves.
- Fire Shows and Nightlife: Phi Phi has a lively nightlife scene. You can watch fire shows on the beach or visit beach bars for some dancing and cocktails.
- Private Yacht Charter: For an extra special experience, consider chartering a private yacht for a day. Sail around the islands, enjoy privacy, and take in the stunning surroundings.
- Cooking Classes: Participate in a Thai cooking class together. Learning to cook traditional Thai dishes can be a fun and interactive way to bond.
- Relax on the Beach: Of course, one of the best things to do is simply relax on the beautiful beaches. Find a comfortable spot, soak up the sun, and enjoy the company of your partner.
Remember that Phi Phi Islands can get quite crowded, so planning certain activities during off-peak times can enhance your experience. Also, be mindful of the local culture and environment by respecting the natural beauty of the islands and practicing responsible tourism.
To find out more about this incredible resort, and to book a room for your next Thailand trip (You won’t regret it!) simply, head to: