We were fortunate enough to be invited to check out the Saii Laguna Phuket resort and stayed in the Club Ocean Front room, which is part of the Club Privilege offering. The room was spacious with a large comfy bed. The rooms were cleaned daily. Tea/coffee, mini bar, iron, wash service, shampoo conditioner and body wash were all provided.
Upon arrival at the hotel the grand entrance and reception area was beautiful, spacious and the decor was fabulous. Ample friendly reception staff, who couldn’t wait to help, whether it was to book a taxi, ask about the local area or arrange anything you need. Jars of yummy cookies and snacks were provided at the reception free of charge.
The resort is located on a private road where numerous large hotels are built around a large Lagoon – There is still construction happening around this area but did not affect stay.
Five incredible restaurants to choose from:
- Miss olive Oyl – Large menu great food close to pool lower ground
- Bean/co – cafe bar serving ice coffee, coffee, muffins etc
- Locavore – Main restaurant – located close to reception
- The Club – View from The Club was beautiful – Lagoon water views. Buffet breakfast
- Mr Tomyan – A must see with incredible staff
The resort is also family-friendly! There’s a large pool with inflatable rings for big kids and little kids to lie back and relax/play and escape. The kids also have a water slide – keeps them entertained for hours – win!
One thing I really loved about the resort in the beautiful sunset views. We were lucky enough to have a view of ocean from our room. The hotel is located right on beach front, so the location is superb.
Staff, Oh and Ban Tao were fab at bar Locavore restaurant. We were served the Phuket signature cocktail made from local Phuket Rum. What a treat!
The hotel had evening entertainment each night such as a live band from the Philippines.
There are many local bars adjacent to the hotel on the beach – these are separate from hotel ownership. Maya beach bar was our favorite, delicious cocktails, food, entertainment, live DJ.
Scooter hire was available and close by to the hotel, highly recommended – Jenny. Affordable rates and great service. We hired a scooter for 4 days in total. It was approx 1hr drive to Phuket Old Town and Big Buddha famous landmark and adorable elephants. Make sure to always wear a helmet and check to see if you require an international license – or you will be fined on the spot!
There is so much to see and do in Phuket. Here’s some of my top tips!
- Visit Patong Beach: Spend a relaxing day on one of Phuket’s most famous beaches. You can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and water sports together, and the beach also comes alive at night with various entertainment options.
- Take a Romantic Sunset Cruise: Enjoy a serene sunset cruise on the Andaman Sea. Many tour operators offer private boat tours that include stunning views, delicious meals, and the chance to see the beautiful coastline from a different perspective.
- Explore Old Phuket Town: Wander through the charming streets of Old Phuket Town, known for its colorful Sino-Portuguese architecture. You can shop for unique souvenirs, savor local cuisine, and explore art galleries together.
- Visit James Bond Island: Take a boat tour to Phang Nga Bay and see the iconic James Bond Island, made famous by the movie “The Man with the Golden Gun.” The limestone karsts and emerald waters create a picturesque backdrop for your adventure.
- Experience Thai Spa and Massage: Indulge in a relaxing and rejuvenating spa experience together. Phuket is known for its world-class spas offering traditional Thai massages, aromatherapy treatments, and more.
- Island Hopping: Explore the surrounding islands of Phuket by joining an island-hopping tour. You can visit beautiful spots like Phi Phi Islands, Coral Island, and Racha Island for snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Dine by the Beach: Enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach at one of Phuket’s beachfront restaurants. The combination of fresh seafood, ocean views, and a sunset backdrop creates a magical dining experience.
- Watch a Traditional Thai Show: Attend a traditional Thai cultural show that includes dance, music, and theater. The performances often showcase Thai history, myths, and legends.
- Take a Cooking Class: Learn to prepare authentic Thai dishes together by joining a cooking class. This can be a fun and interactive way to bond over a shared love for food.
- Hike to Big Buddha: Embark on a hike to the Big Buddha, a massive statue situated atop Nakkerd Hill. The panoramic views of Phuket from this vantage point are breathtaking, especially during sunset.
- Private Beach Picnic: Some luxury resorts in Phuket offer private beach picnics for couples. You can enjoy a secluded and intimate meal right on the beach.
- Enjoy Nightlife: For couples who enjoy a lively atmosphere, Patong Beach offers a vibrant nightlife scene with bars, clubs, and street performances.
To check out the Saii yourself, which I couldn’t recommend more highly head to: https://www.saiiresorts.com/phuket/laguna/ – You won’t regret it!