Here at Social101.com, any excuse for a drink with friends and to explore new cocktails is a massive tick for us, so whilst Thanksgiving is traditionally thought of as an American holiday, it’s safe to say that Australia’s spirits consumers and hospitality venues have much to be thankful for with the end of the lockdown after a very tough year.
To celebrate the ability to catch up with family and friends and be thankful to our favourite bars and restaurants reopening, ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ is partnering with some of Australia’s leading venues to turn “Happy Hour into Thanksgiving Hour” for the week of Thanksgiving.
This week you’ll be able to choose from a range of American spirits in Thanksgiving themed cocktails at one-off prices, from iconic bars including Maybe Sammy, Kittyhawk, Burdekin Hotel, Grain Bar, Nola Smokehouse and Bar, The Swinging Car, Gin Lane, The Everleigh, The Elysian Whisky Bar, The Catfish, 1806, Que Club Whisky & Alement, The Emerald Peacock. Beneath Driver Lane and Bar Ampere (The Swamp).
The cocktails will highlight the quality and versatility of American spirits, and showcase brands including Angel’s Envy Bourbon, Bulleit Bourbon, Old Forester, St George Gin, Wild Turkey, Westland, and Westward American Single Malt Whiskey.
A few of the highlights include:
- Ron Burgundy– Woodford Reserve Rye, Campari, and a grapefruit twist created by The Emerald Peacock.
- Perky for Turkey – a layered American highball with Woodford Reserve, cranberry lemonade over crushed ice with an apple-cranberry leather garnish created by Burrow Bar.
- Mrs Crandall – Angels Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Finished In Port Wine Barrels, cloudy apple, lemongrass created by The Swinging Cat.
- Cranbourbon Catfizz – Angels Envy, cranberry syrup, lemon, cranberry juice, and soda, created by the Catfish in Fitzroy.
- Just A Slice – Pecan pie infused Angel’s Envy Bourbon, and pumpkin pie infused amer picon created by 1806.
Charles McEntee from the Distilled Spirits Council of the U.S (DISCUS), which sponsors the ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ campaign in Australia says, “After a difficult year, we’re looking forward to partnering with some of the nation’s leading venues to celebrate Thanksgiving. The country is known for having some of the most knowledgeable and innovative bartenders, so we’re looking forward to Australians being able to experience new and delicious cocktails using some of America’s finest spirits, whilst supporting much loved bars and giving thanks.”
Please drink responsibly, and always eat food while drinking to ensure safe consumption.
Please also check each venues opening hours, as some differ.
For more details, and to see the full list of participating venues visit: https://cheersspiritsfromtheusa.com/au/