September is a celebration of culture as the Sydney Fringe Festival 2015 descends upon the city. The full program has now been revealed for the five- week arts festival, with 300 productions spanning theatre, music, comedy, visual art, film, cabaret, musical theatre, dance, circus, literature and poetry across over 50 venues.
A festival first, 2015 Sydney Fringe presents a Festival Village in Erskineville including pop‐up spaces and street activations breathing creative energy into the streetscapes of the Inner-West.
The 2015 festival will see a succession of five weekly themes, opening with ‘The Inner City’, followed by ‘The Festival Heart’ in week two and ‘The Treats Continue’ in week three. The fourth week is focused on family events and closing week is dubbed as ‘The Last Days’.
Highlights of the Festival Program include Berlin Performance artist Peter Baecker ‘living’ in three locations across the festival. Creating living installations and generating good vibes across Sydney, Baecker’s main home at Broadway, Sydney’s CBD from 7th September, is a place for Fringe audiences and city visitors to interact with the International performer and become a part of the Sydney Fringe creative process.
Yoke Pop-Up Magazine will present a series of events as part of Pop-Up Fringe. Partnering with Artereal Gallery, Yoke brings a series of provocative artist-‐led conversations and performances. Other events will include Yoga Under The Stars, a Beautiful Pages pop-‐up store, Your Gut Feeling – a panel discussion with health and food gurus and The Ultimate Balancing Act – a free event with Sydney Fringe Director Kerri Glasscock and other women on the work-‐life balance.
Spanning the five weeks of Sydney Fringe Festival will also be a range of Artist Master Classes, including lessons on creating terrariums, candle-making and resin jewellery-making.
Tickets and full festival details can be found at www.sydneyfringe.com
SYDNEY FRINGE FESTIVAL 2015 WEEKLY GUIDE
- Tuesday 1st September, 7:30pm: Fringe Opening Night Special Comedy Club, Giant Dwarf – Redfern
- Weds 2nd September, 8:30pm: Dark Vanilla Jungle, Old 505 Theatre – Surry Hills
- Thursday 3rd September, 8pm: Impact The Platform – 107 Projects – Redfern
- Friday 4th September, 7pm – 9:30pm: Wes Carr, Venue 505 – Surry Hills
- Saturday 5th September, 3pm – 7pm: FRINGE IGNITE Festival Opening Celebration Erskineville Rd
- Sunday 6th September, 6pm: 6 Degrees of Ned Kelly The Village Theatre – Erskineville
Week 2: The Festival Heart
- Monday 7th September: Peter Baecker moves into Broadway Sydney
- Tuesday 8th September, 8:30pm: Jonny Potts, 505 @ 5 Eliza Street – Newtown
- Wednesday 9th September, 7pm: That’s Showbiz, The Reginald Theatre – Chippendale
- Thursday 10th September, 8:30pm: Illusion Through Expectation w/ Alex Moffat, Speakeasy Lounge – Erskineville
- Friday 11th September, 9:15pm: Tender Indifference, Emerging Artist Hub – PACT Theatre – Erskineville
- Saturday 12th September, 8:30pm: Little Moons, Village Theatre – Erskineville
- Sunday 13th September, 4pm: Fringe Festivals around Australia, Info Session
Week 3: The Treats Continue
- Monday 14th September, 7-10pm, Public Forums, The Eternity Playhouse – Darlinghurst
- Tuesday 15th September, 7:30pm, Kinski And I, 505 @ 5 Eliza Street – Newtown
- Wednesday 16th September, 8:30pm, Ursula Yovich, Venue 505 – Surry Hills
- Thursday 17th September, 7pm: Elixir, The Reginald Theatre – Chippendale
- Friday 18th September, 8:30pm: Host A Murder Party, Speakeasy Lounge – Erskineville
- Saturday 19th September: Small Worlds Festival, Sydney Park – Alexandria
- Sunday 20th September, 11am: The Vegetable Plot, Fringe Kids – Marrickville Town Hall
- Monday 21st September, 6:30pm: The Great Big Story Book, The Fringe Kids – Marrickville Town Hall
- Tuesday 22nd September, 8pm: Late Night Library, Village Theatre – Erskineville
- Wednesday 23rd September, 8:30pm: Almost Face To Face, Old 505 Theatre – Surry Hills
- Thursday 24th September, 6pm: Britannia Waves The Rules, The New Theatre – Newtown
- Friday 25th September, 7pm: The Screamers, The Imperial Hotel – Erskineville
- Saturday 26th September, 7pm: Silent Dinner Party, Marrickville Town Hall
- Sunday 27th September, 2pm & 5pm: Spectrophobia, Glitterbox Hair Salon – Newtown
Week 5: The Last Days
- Monday 28th September, 6pm: Fringe Film Comp Screening, Dendy – Newtown
- Tuesday 29th September, 6pm: Fringe Awards & Come Down Party, Venue 505 – Surry Hills
- Wednesday 30th September, 6pm: Something From: The Factory Theatre – Marrickville